Open Education Resource-Quality Master Source License
Read a plain English Version with commentary.
I. General Provisions of the License
A. All original content derived from the creative or scholarly work of the Licensor (hereinafter, “creator”) of the Work offered under this license is protected by the Laws of Copyright, and all rights not explicitly granted within this license are reserved by the Creator.
B. For the purposes of this License, “adopt” and “adopted” means to notify the Creator, in writing, of your decision to use the Work, the purpose for which you intend to use the Work, your name, your contact information, and your institutional affiliation.
C. This license in no way seeks to limit the Fair Use Doctrine under the copyright laws of the United States, and excerpts for critical purposes and scholarship are permitted according to law and convention.
D. Under this license, the licensee (hereinafter, “you”), or the designated agent of the licensee on the licensee’s behalf, may do the following, provided that the Work is adopted as defined by and in accordance with this
(1) Copy content into a Learning Management System (LMS) that is not “crawlable” by search engines and to which the general public does not have access so long as an attribution and a hyperlink to the original content is provided on the same “page” as the
(2) Print verbatim copies for strictly personal use, and print copies for the personal use of a specific, named, and known individual.
(3) Print copies that are intended for the sole use as exemplars in the customary and required records of any Regionally Accredited institution of higher learning or any publicly funded institution of learning whatsoever.
(3) Provide hyperlinks directly to the content on the Creator’s distribution platform, in whole or in part, from an LMS or any other digital system, including the World Wide Web.
E. Under this license the following acts are strictly prohibited:
(1) Copy any content to any digital system that is available to the general public, including but not limited to the World Wide Web.
(2) Produce, offer, or distribute the Work in any print form unless a print version has not been made available by the Creator, and you first obtain the express written permission of the Creator.
(3) Produce, offer, or distribute content in any file format other than the one made publicly available by the author of the content without the express written permission of the author, including but not limited to Portable Document Format (PDF) computer files and “eBook” files, regardless of type.
(3) Create a derivative work based on the work offered under this License without the express written permission of the Creator.
(4) Derive monetary profit from the Work by any means whatsoever without the expressed written permission of the Creator.
F. The Creator offers the Licensed Work as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other.
Last Modified: 07/07/2018
This license developed by Adam J. McKee. You are free to copy it, modify, and use it as you see fit. I hereby signify that it is in the public domain on an “as-is” basis.